The Belgian Lawn Tennis League was founded on March 22, 1902. On March 29, 1914, it was renamed the Belgian Lawn Tennis Association. In 1931 the name was changed to “Koninklijke Belgisch Lawn Tennis Bond”. On March 3, 1937 she was transformed into V.Z.W. On October 11, 1979, the designation “Royal Belgian Tennis Association” was awarded.
The aim of the association is to promote and develop sport in general and tennis in particular. As the umbrella organization of the Non-Profit Association Tennis Vlaanderen and the Association Sans But Lucratif Association Francophone de Tennis (AFT for short), it is particularly involved in national and international tennis activities.